View this post on Instagram
Who wants a smooth and wrinkle free upper face? Everyone!!! Here we’re injecting to remove and prevent crows feet, frown lines and horizontal forehead lines. We are also lifting the brows. @themanseclinic X @amyjanebrand #skinbythemanse #browliftbythemanse #frownbythemanse #injectables
Muscle relaxing wrinkle injections are one of the most common injectable treatments at our Sydney clinic. These injectables can be used on many areas of the face, including eye wrinkles, frown lines, forehead lines and for brow lifting and also face slimming. Unfortunately due to Australian regulations, we are not allowed to name the drugs used.
Often when patients reach their mid to late twenties and thirties, they start noticing lines forming around their eyes and forehead. Sometimes others will say things to them like, “you look tired” or “are you feeling OK?” . The great news is that there is a simple solution to preventing and maintaining a youthful appearance using wrinkle injections.
How do wrinkle injections work?
The muscle relaxing injections are injected using a fine needle into the facial muscles and it blocks the message from the nerve to the muscle, reducing the amount of contraction of that muscle causing reduced appearance of lines.
Please see the following research on safety and efficacy on wrinkle injections.
How long do wrinkle injections last?
Timeline after muscle relaxing injections are injected:
- At 2-8 days the lines begin to start reducing
- At 4 weeks the maximal effect is achieved
- From 4-8 weeks the result is maintained
- At 8 weeks the effect slowly begins to start wearing off
- At 12 weeks, the movement is about 50% back
- At 16 weeks, the movement is about 80% back
Most patients choose to have retreatment at 3-4 months, however this varies between patients. Males, exercisers and those who are more muscular, may tend to require larger doses and more frequent doses.
Are wrinkle injections safe?
Wrinkles injections are a medical treatment prescribed by a doctor and have risks associated. In terms of non-surgical cosmetic treatments, wrinkle injections are generally considered to be the lowest risk procedures.
The risks and side effects may include:
- Bruising and swelling at injections sites, this is common
- Headache post injection 10%, mild, usually lasts 24hrs or less.
- Eyebrow/eyelid droops in 2% of cases. Minor and temporary. Could last 3 weeks.
- More than one treatment may be required to achieve the desired result.
- Blurred vision. Temporary. Extremely rare.
- Swallowing and breathing problems.
- Infection is extremely rare
What areas are suitable for treatment with wrinkle injections?
There are many areas that are suitable for muscle relaxing injections, including the following:
- Eye wrinkles
- Frown lines
- Forehead wrinkles
- Brow lifting
- Face slimming
- Chin, including chinulite and chin crease
- Mouth corner droop
- Lip lines
- Neck lift
- Gummy smile correction
- Trapezius slimming
- Calf slimming
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
What is the satisfaction rate for wrinkle injections?
The satisfaction rate is very high and the retention rate ie those who want to continue treatment after trying the procedure once, is also very high.
Is the injectable procedure painful?
The pain is minimal. At The Manse, we offer numbing cream, ice and happy gas to our patients for their ant wrinkle injections. Most patients just choose an ice pack.
Is the procedure quick?
The procedure itself takes about 5 minutes, but at your appointment you will need to take photos and sign a consent form and also be cleaned. Patients can expect to be at the clinic for about 30 minutes if the doctor is running on time.
What it the price of anti wrinkle injections?
The price starts at $300, but a typical spend would be around $650-$700. Please see our prices page for detailed pricing for antiwrinkle injections.
Please see our current price list
Can you share some before and after images of wrinkle injections?
Please see our Gallery
- Eyes before and after injections
- Browlift before and after injections
- Frownline before and after injections
- Forehead lines before and after
- Face slimming before and after
Here are some examples of anti wrinkle injectable before and after results
Aftercare post treatment
- You may begin to notice the effects of your treatment within 2-8 days
- Our practitioner may advise you to frown or use other facial expressions several times a day for these first few days
- Avoid putting pressure on the treated area for 24-48 hours after treatment (eg massage bed, goggles)
- Do not massage the area of injection for at least 24 hours after treatment
- Do not apply makeup for 6-8 hours after treatment. (Until the next morning is even better)
Follow up and Treatment Duration
- After your initial treatment, you will generally be invited to attend a follow-up appointment at approximately 4 weeks after your treatment. This enables your practitioner to review your results. You will not need a follow-up appointment after subsequent treatments
- To maintain your results you will be recommended regular treatments.
- It’s out protocol to not review results before 4 weeks, as results will often increase up to that time, and sometimes results on one side will sick in before the other, and then the other side will catch up. We need to review the results at their maximal effect. If we retreat too early, we may not be choosing the correct dose or placement. We do not want to increase our risk of a lid or brow droop or asymmetry.
- Please attend your review at 4 weeks, or the date advised
For further information or to book your anti-wrinkle treatment, please call 93315005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org