Congratulations on taking a step towards improved skin colour, tone and texture with your laser genesis treatment.
- Skin may be red and swollen and feel like a sunburn immediately after treatment. Typically this would last from 1 hour up to about 48 hours.
- Makeup can be applied immediately after treatment if preferred.
- Treat the skin gently, as you would a sunburn.
- Skin may feel dry after laser genesis. Please use the advised moisturiser and you may need to use it more frequently than normal, and this will help alleviate the dryness.
- Avoid exercise for a couple of days or other activities that involve heat, e.g. hot yoga, spas, saunas.
- Avoid active skin care for 3 days, e.g. tretinoin / Retin-A /Retrieve.
- If you are at all concerned please call the clinic on 93315005.
- Avoid waxing for 1-2 weeks after your laser treatment.
- Avoid sun and tanning beds.
- Always use a 50 + sunscreen after your procedure
What skincare to use after your procedure
- Your therapist will advise which skincare is suitable for you.
- We have a post laser gel available to buy at the clinic, which should be used after laser.
- In the morning you may use a gentle cleanser, moisturiser and sunscreen.
- At night you may use a gentle cleanser and moisturiser
Advised Treatment Series
For best results and efficacy, we advise at least a series of 6 treatments. One every 2-4 weeks is ideal. Maintenance depends on skin type. For those with Rosacea/redness/capillary-type skin, every 2 months is ideal. Others may be able to have the treatment every 6 months and be satisfied with their results.
An immediate result may be seen and a long term improvement in skin quality, colour and tone.
What Other Skin Treatments should I Have?
This really comes down to what you want to improve.
For improving pigment and sun damage our most popular treatment is BBL
For improving capillaries our most popular treatment is vascular laser.
For improving overall skin texture, fractional laser (non ablative ) is a popular treatment
For general and regular skin maintenance, anti-ageing, pigmentation and improving skin quality our most popular treatment is The Manse Glow which is a combination treament of laser toning, a chemical peel and an LED light.
If you would like a plan to address your skin issues, please call 93315005 and make an appointment with our therapists