Just about everyone wants to look younger, but no one wants to look like they’ve been to a cosmetic clinic for dermal filler injections. At The Manse Clinic in Sydney, the injectors and beauty therapists combine their aesthetic sense, advanced training, and experience with fillers to create a refreshed and rested appearance that our patients love. The practitioners customize our treatment plans to meet the needs of each individual.
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
Many of our Sydney patients come to us thinking that injectable products are all the same. Fillers, wrinkle injections, and fat dissolving injections, however, all work differently and can work together effectively to create comprehensive results.
Most fillers have an active ingredient, which is a natural substance that helps keep your skin hydrated. Aging skin loses its ability to retain moisture and fillers replenish it, restoring volume and giving the skin a smoother and more youthful appearance. Our menu of fillers at The Manse Clinic provides us the ability to choose the products that most effectively accomplish each patient’s goals. We offer fillers designed for:
- Lip enhancement
- Wrinkle reduction
- Restoring volume
- Minimizing dark circles and hollows under the eyes
- Chin augmentation
- Cheek enhancement
- Jawline sculpting
We can also use multiple fillers for a liquid facelift that can reshape the face to restore an overall more youthful appearance.
What Happens During Dermal Filler Treatment?
The filler injectors at The Manse clinic begin every filler treatment session by cleansing the face with alcohol and then applying ice to help numb the treatment area. Virtually all fillers include a local anesthetic that also minimizes your discomfort during the injections, which are performed using very fine needles and flexible microcannulas. Immediately after injecting the fillers, pressure is applied with gauze.
The treatment session itself takes only a few minutes, depending on the number of injections needed, and you can return to your normal activities immediately following the procedure. Redness, bruising, and some swelling are common side effects of dermal filler injections, but they usually resolve within 24 to 48 hours.
The initial swelling after a treatment involving lips, nose, or tear troughs may last longer than other areas. If symptoms persist or other reactions occur, please contact your clinic.
The ‘3 Cs’ of Post-Treatment Care
- Apply a cool compress for 10 minutes every hour on the day of your treatment (do not apply ice directly on your skin)
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Do not expose the area to intense heat (for example, solarium or sauna)
- Avoid pressure on treated areas for the first few nights (sleep on your back if possible)
- Pain relief such as paracetamol may be taken as directed by your physician
- Consider a topical treatment such as Restylane Recover cream to help calm and soothe your skin.
- Consider in-clinic or at-home light therapy (Available from The Manse)
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Do not use AHA, Retinols/Vitamin C therapy or oil-based makeup for 24 hours
- Avoid facials, facial waxing, glycolic or AHA peels, IPL or energy-based treatments, and microdermabrasion for 2 weeks after treatment (unless advised by your injectable doctor). Please check with your physician before undergoing other facials within this time.
- Do not massage the treated area unless instructed by your physician
- No makeup until the day after the procedure is ideal
For patients who get lip filler, do not smoke for at least 24 hours after getting the injections. Even better, use this opportunity to quit smoking for good. Also, avoid wearing lipstick for 24 hours.
Nose filler patients should not wear glasses for 24 hours after getting the injections.
How Much Do Dermal Fillers Cost?
The cost of filler injections depends on the type of products used and the area injected.
Please see our dermal filler pricing.
Choosing a Dermal Filler Injector
There are many clinics that provide dermal filler injections, and it can be difficult to know what to look for when choosing an injector. Here are some tips to help you make a choice:
- Choose a reputable clinic: Look at the clinic’s website. It should have the full names of the injectors performing the treatments and list their training and their professional associations. In Australia, you can choose the name or names listed on the website and check that they are on the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) register. If they are not on the AHPRA register or are suspended, DO NOT GO THERE.
- Phone number: Be wary if the number listed is a mobile number
- Experience: Choose someone with many years of experience.
- Before-and-after photos: Reputable clinics include numerous before and after photos featuring actual patients. Evaluate the photos to see if the results are similar to your cosmetic goals. You can also browse the clinic’s social media postings for additional photos.
- A clinic should have practitioners available at all times for review of complications.
For a list of questions to ask during your consultation, see our blog post on how to choose a good cosmetic injector.
How Often Should I Get Dermal Fillers?
This depends on your concerns and the expectations you have. Once you are satisfied, you should schedule dermal filler appointments every 6 to 12 months. At the outset, before reaching your aesthetic goals, you should have filler injections every 1 to 4 months and then transition to the maintenance phase.
Get in Touch
The Manse Clinic Paddington and Uptown Sydney CBD is your ultimate haven for beauty refinement. Discover the rejuvenating touch of our dermal filler service in Sydney, enhancing your innate charm. Get the perfect glow with our skilled team offering dermal fillers near you. Connect with us at The Manse Clinic Paddington and start a journey to revitalise your appearance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What other procedures can I have with dermal fillers?
Can I get dermal fillers while I’m pregnant or breastfeeding?
No, it is not recommended to get dermal filler injections while you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
How long do dermal fillers last?
The longevity of dermal filler results varies depending on the product used and the area treated. Most fillers last between 9 months and 2 years.