TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE MANSE CLINIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All information contained in this email was correct at the time of writing/sending, variations of information or pricing provided can change by the time of your appointment.
Treatments vary from individual to individual and our doctors/therapists may not be able to always treat you for what you have enquired/made a booking for. Before determining if you are suitable for the procedure and proceeding with medical treatments, our doctors and therapists must take a history, examine you and have a discussion, and assess whether they are comfortable with treating you.
Patients seeing cosmetic doctors at The Manse Clinic for consultation are charged a $350 fee for the consultation. Dermal therapists incur a fee of $180. The fees are non-negotiable.
Cancellation fee of $350 applies to appointments that are cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notification. If your appointment is scheduled less than 24 hours before your appointment time, a $350 cancellation fee does apply should you cancel the appointment. This is non-negotiable.
Every patient needs to bring valid photo ID, including driver’s licence or passport, to their initial appointment. This ID must not be expired and it must be the physical ID (an image of the ID is not acceptable). Your ID will be photocopied and kept in your file. Your ID will be returned to you on receipt of payment for treatment. If you do not bring this ID to your appointment, you will forefeit your booking fee and will not be allowed to go through with a consultation or treatment.
Due to a strict adherence to our COVID-19 policy, we advise all patients not to bring any children, friends or family to your appointment. Children, friends or family will NOT be allowed inside the clinic. Only patients are allowed to come inside the clinic.
The Manse Clinic will not take any responsibility should anything happen to an unsupervised child. If you bring a child to your appointment, you will not be allowed to have that appointment and you will be charged $350 fee for your appointment.
Procedure fees vary according to the individual characteristics of the patient, the practitioner performing the procedure, the products involved, technology involved etc. It is the client’s responsibility to be aware of the cost. Prices are on the clinic’s website on this page. The prices on our website could be changed without notice. You are not obliged to go ahead with the procedure on the day should your budget not allow the cost or should you decide not to have a procedure done on the day. When consenting to the procedure, you are also consenting to paying for the procedure at the time of the procedure. A consultation fee of $350 is charged should you decide not to go ahead with the procedure.
Some procedures will require a 30% deposit. Should you cancel your appointment 2 weeks prior to your scheduled appointment, the 30% deposit is non refundable.
Half mls of Dermal Fillers
It should be noted that at The Manse Clinic, we do not offer half mls of dermal fillers. Should you require less than one ml of dermal filler, you pay for the price of one ml. The remainder of the dermal filler will be discarded or your doctor may suggest other areas for the product to be placed for enhancement. You are under no obligation to use the remainder of the product.
Payment at Time of Service:
You are responsible for ensuring that payment is made for your account by either cash, Eftpos or credit card payment. If you default on paying your account, interest on overdue invoices shall accrue daily from the date of your treatment. This shall be calculated at a rate of 5% per calendar month and such interest shall compound monthly at this rate until any judgement or full payment of invoice is made. If you default on any agreed payment plan of any outstanding invoices, The Manse Clinic will be indemnified against any debt including legal costs, which include The Manse Clinic’s and your own solicitor, and any Debt Collection Agency costs.
Laser / Energy Based Device Procedures:
Patients coming for a laser procedure should refrain from tanning, spray tan/natural tan etc for at least four weeks before your procedure. A consultation fee of $350 will be applicable if the procedure will have to be postponed due to tanning or change in medical conditions ( Cold sores etc.), medication (e.g Roaccutane etc.)
Suitability for treatment:
The Manse Clinic does not accept all patients for treatment. Some patients are unsuitable for the procedures performed at The Manse Clinic. The Manse Clinic reserves the right to decline or cancel further management of any patient if in the clinical opinion of the medical practitioner the patient is unsuited for further care. In the circumstance that The Manse Clinic would like to cease the care of our patients, we will refer the patient to another clinic. The Manse Clinic offers no guarantee or warranty that any procedure will benefit the patient or have guaranteed outcomes. As a patient at The Manse Clinic, you acknowledge that there is no guarantee of results for any procedure. Whilst every effort is made to achieve desired outcomes you as the patient understand that these are not guaranteed. Satisfaction rates of all medical procedures performed at The Manse Clinic are high.
As there is no guarantee with medical procedures it is essential that the patient understands procedures are not an exact science. Every human body is different and may react differently. Whatever the outcome, the product and or service has been provided, and it is therefore not possible for The Manse Clinic or the consulting doctor/therapist to refund procedure fees. This is non-negotiable. The Manse Clinic will make every reasonable effort to achieve the aesthetic outcome the patient requests, however no guarantees are offered in relation to the effects of any procedure performed.
Credit Card Levy:
Payments made by credit card will incur the current credit card surcharge at time of payment.
Doctors/ Therapist Running late
At the Manse Clinic, we try to be on time for your appointment. All our doctors and therapists dedicate a good amount of time when seeing our clients . Sometimes the doctors or therapists will be behind schedule due to a number of factors. When making an appointment, please take into consideration that your doctor/therapist could be running behind schedule. If you decide to leave the clinic before your doctor/therapist consult with you, due to the fact that your doctor/therapist is behind schedule, the clinic has the discretion not to book you in for future appointments.
Medications/ Change in Medical History:
It is the patients responsibility to inform the Manse Clinic when there is a change in their medical history (eg pregnancy, cold sores etc) and medication (e.g Roaccutane etc). Should you come on the day of your appointment and the practitioner is unable to perform the procedure due to your medical condition or medications, a consultation fee of $350 will be applicable.
In the unlikely event of an unforeseen emergency involving the care of the patient, the patient will be evacuated to a hospital at the discretion of attending paramedics. All costs relating to the transfer and care of the patient remain the responsibility of the patient. Please advise your treating practitioner of any procedures, medication either oral or topical that you are currently or have recently taken or used.
Review of procedure
Review of procedures are done at four weeks or eight weeks after the procedure depending on the procedure, except in the case of cosmetic emergencies, for example vascular occlusion or infection which will be seen immediately, as an emergency. Asymmetry, typical post treatment swelling, lumpiness etc. will not be reviewed for at least four weeks unless advised otherwise by the doctor. Unless there are signs of infections or other serious complications, no reviews will take place before the advised review time frame. It is your responsibility to inform the clinic if there are any signs of serious complications. Please call us on 93315005 with any concerns
Hyalase/Dissolving of Dermal fillers
Should the patient request to dissolve any dermal fillers performed at the Manse Clinic, a minimum of four weeks after the procedure is required before assessment, and the cost of dissolving the dermal filler is approximately $650 per treatment. You may require approximately three sessions. Each session will cost approximately $650. Our doctors / nurses reserve the right to decline the treatment of hyalase if they think it is unsafe or not in the patient’s best interest or if they wish to cease the practitioner patient relationship. In this case, The Manse Clinic will refer the patient to another clinic for further treatment.
Every patient will have photography prior to their initial consultation. In making an appointment at the clinic, patients are consenting to this part of the normal procedure of the clinic. Photographs will also be taken again when advised by the doctor/therapist.
In consideration for all patients, if a patient arrives late to their appointment, the doctor/therapist reserves the right to not see the patient on that day. In this case, you will be charged a $350 cancellation fee.
Ceasing the clinic/patient relationship
The Manse Clinic doctors and therapists reserve the right to cease the clinic /patient relationship at any time. In this case, the patient will be offered alternative doctors/therapists/clinic to continue their treatments.
All humans are asymmetrical. Our doctors/therapists will do our best to improve on this. All corrections of asymmetry post treatment are at the cost of the patient. The Manse Clinic does not offer any complimentary treatments in the case of asymmetry.
Communications with the Clinic
All written correspondence to our clinic and the practitioners should be via our email email@example.com . Messages sent via Instagram (@themanseclinic or @drnaomi1 etc ), Facebook or Snapchat, are not monitored or answered. Please do not send queries to these accounts, as they will not be answered.
Roles within the Clinic
All clinical-related matters are managed by medical director, doctors and therapists at The Manse Clinic. Patient-related matters are manager by the patient coordinator. Staff-related matters are managed by the team leader. Practice management-related matters are looked after by the practice manager. Dr Naomi has moved to a non-clinical and non-administrative role in the practice.
Racism, hate speech, threats and cyberbullying
Racism, hate speech, threats and cyberbullying will not be tolerated by our clinic. The Manse Clinic staff reserve the right to cease the clinic/patient relationship immediately should a patient or a proxy of a patient not adhere to this policy.
Please send all feedback and complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org and the feedback process will be followed.
All images, audio and and video created during virtual consultations with out team are the property of, and copyright to The Manse Cosmetic. They are not to be recorded, shared or published without prior written permission from The Manse Cosmetic.
There are no refunds under any circumstances from virtual consultations.
When we say ‘personal information’ we mean identifiable information about you, like your name, email address, telephone number, payment information, website and social media questions or comments and so on. If you can’t be identified (for example, when personal data has been aggregated and anonymised) then this notice doesn’t apply.
Why and when your consent is necessary
When you register as a patient at The Manse, you provide consent for our doctors and practice staff to access and use your personal information so they can provide you with the best possible care and treatments. Only staff who need to see your personal information will have access to it. If we need to use your information for anything else, we will seek additional consent from you to do this.
Why do we collect, use, hold and share your personal information?
The Manse will need to collect your personal information to provide treatment services to you. Our main purpose for collecting, using, holding and sharing your personal information is to manage your treatment plans. We also use it for directly related business activities, such as financial claims and payments, practice audits and accreditation, and business processes (eg staff training). or advertising where appropriate.
What personal information do we collect?
- We will collect information that you provide to us when you register on the Service (such information shall include, but may not be limited to, your name, age, gender, debit/credit card information, telephone number, postal addresses, email address;
- Your medical information including medical history, medications, allergies, adverse events, family history and risk factors.
- Your Medicare number (where applicable) for identification and claiming purposes
- Payment or billing information (including credit card details, billing addresses and invoice details) for the supply of treatments and products
- Healthcare identifiers.
- Your image.
How do we collect your personal information?
The Manse will collect your personal information:
- When you make your first appointment The Manse staff will collect your personal and demographic information via your registration.
- During the course of providing treatment services, we may collect further personal information and images.
- We may also collect your personal information when you visit our website, send us an email or SMS, telephone us, or communicate with us using social media. This data may include:
- Your computer’s IP address;
- Date and times of your visits;
- The type of browser you are using and location;
- If you have been redirected from another server, including the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website;
- The pages on our website you have visited including the duration and information searched, and other statistics.
- In some circumstances, personal information may also be collected from other sources. Often this is because it is not practical or reasonable to collect it from you directly. This may include information from:
- your guardian or responsible person
- other involved healthcare providers, such as specialists, allied health professionals, hospitals, community health services and pathology and diagnostic imaging services
- your health fund, Medicare, or the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (as necessary).
Who do we share your personal information with?
The Manse may sometimes share your personal information:
- With third parties who work with our practice for business purposes, such as accreditation agencies or information technology providers – these third parties are required to comply with APPs and this policy
- With other healthcare providers
- When it is required or authorised by law (eg court subpoenas)
- When it is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to a patient’s life, health or safety or public health or safety, or it is impractical to obtain the patient’s consent
- To establish, exercise or defend an equitable claim
- For the purpose of confidential dispute resolution process
- When there is a statutory requirement to share certain personal information (eg some diseases require mandatory notification)
Only people that need to access your information will be able to do so. The Manse will not on sell your personal information to any third party.
The Manse will not disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia (unless under exceptional circumstances that are permitted by law) without your consent.
The Manse evaluates all unsolicited information it receives to decide if it should be kept, acted upon or destroyed.
The Manse will employ all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed without your prior consent.
The Manse will not use your personal information for marketing any of our goods or services directly to you without your express consent. If you do consent, you may opt-out of direct marketing at any time by notifying The Manse in writing.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
- We take measures reasonably designed to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, misuse, disclosure, destruction and damage. However, you acknowledge that data transmission over the internet is inherently unsecure and that we cannot guarantee the security of data you send over the internet.
- Your information will only be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
Your personal information may be stored at The Manse in various forms:
- As paper records
- As electronic records
- As visuals, videos & photos
- As audio recordings
The Manse stores all personal information securely, whether in electronic format, in protected information systems which are encrypted with secure passwords, or in hard copy in secured cabinets. The Manse uses a secure network and server. We use firewalls, malware protection, encryption, user identification and password controls. We utilise internationally recognised Secure Server Certificate (SSC) to ensure data security. All credit card and commercially sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and then encrypted through our payment gateway provision.
All staff and contractors at The Manse are required to observe the obligations of confidentiality in the course of their employment/contract and are required to sign confidentiality agreements.
All due care will be taken to ensure the protection of your privacy during the transfer, storage and use of your personal information.
Retention of medical records is for a minimum of 7 years from the date of last entry into the patient record.
How can you access and correct your personal information at our practice?
You have the right to request access to, and correction of, your personal information.
The Manse acknowledges patients may request access to their medical records. We require you to put this request in writing and an acknowledgment will be provided within 21 days confirming the request and detailing whether the request can be complied with and an indication of any costs associated with providing the information. Time spent and photocopying costs when processing a request can be passed on to the requesting patient. Information can be expected to be provided within 30 days.
In some instances the request to obtain information may be denied, in these instances the patient will be advised.
The material over which a Doctor has copyright might be subject to conditions that prevent or restrict further copying or publication without that Doctors permission.
Upon request by the patient, the information held by The Manse will be made available to another health provider.
The Manse will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information where the information is not accurate or up-to-date. From time-to-time, we will ask you to verify your personal information held by The Manse is correct and up-to-date. You may also request that we correct or update your information, and you should make such requests in writing. Requests for information will be responded to as soon as possible, or in most cases no later than 30 days.
Requests in writing should be sent to:
The Privacy Officer
How can you lodge a privacy related complaint, and how will the complaint be handled at our practice?
The Manse understands the importance of confidentiality and discretion with the way we manage and maintain the personal information of our patients. The Manse takes complaints and concerns regarding privacy seriously. You should express any privacy concerns you may have in writing. We will then attempt to resolve it in accordance with our resolution procedure. Complaints about privacy issues will be responded to as soon as possible, or in most cases no later than 30 days.
Complaints should be sent to:
The Privacy Officer
You may also contact the OAIC. Generally the OAIC will require you to give us time to respond, before they will investigate. For further information visit www.oaic.gov.au or call the OAIC on 1300 336 002
How do we use the information that you provide to us?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- to ensure that our Service is delivered in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to provide customer service to you in relation to your use of the Service, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the Service and to notify you about any changes to our service;
- to administer, support, improve, optimise and develop our Service;
- for internal marketing and demographic studies to improve the products and services that we provide; and for security purposes.
- We may also use your information to provide you with our email notifications, newsletters and other marketing communications. You may opt out from receiving such marketing communications from us at any time by notifying us in writing or, alternatively, by following the procedure to ‘unsubscribe’ that is specified in the email that you receive.
Disclosure of your information
- Advertising: We may disclose some of your personal information to Facebook Inc to serve advertisements to you when you access and use the Services and other websites, apps or online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites, apps or online services on any of your devices. If you would like more information about this practice, please visit Facebook’s Terms of Service here – https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/customaudiences/tos.php
PRIVACY AND OUR WEBSITE
Cookies are used for the purpose of security as well as for analytical purposes. The Manse uses analytics remarketing with Google, Facebook and Active Campaign. As a result, you may see promotions for The Manse on the internet.
- We may use an analytics service provider for service usage analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about usage by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to the Service may be used to create reports about the use of the Service and the analytics service provider will store this information.
Your acceptance of these terms
We may need to update this policy from time to time. Where a change is significant, we’ll make sure we let you know – usually by sending you an email.