Face Slimming Injection Aftercare
Please see our page for more information on face slimming aka masseter slimming aka jawline slimming. For one of the antiwrinkle brands, please see the product information details.
Taking Care After Your Masseter Injections
- You may begin to notice the effects of your face slimming treatment within 2-4 weeks
- Avoid putting any pressure on the treated area for 24-48 hours after treatment
- Do not massage the area of injection for at least 24 hours after treatment
- Do not apply makeup for 6-8 hours post treatment.
Possible side effects
It is not unusual to experience some mild side effects following wrinkle-smoothing injections.
- You may experience a mild headache after treatment. Paracetamol may be taken if required.
- Tenderness and bruising may also appear at the injection site
- There may be red dots at the needle puncture sites
- There maybe swelling around the areas of the puncture sites
- If you do experience bruising, minimise excessive exercise in the first couple of days following treatment
- If you feel unwell or are concerned about any aspect of your treatment, contact the clinic.
- Smile asymmetry
- Loss of extreme smile
- Uneven masseter slimming ie bulging areas of the masseters that were missed
After your initial treatment, you will generally be invited to attend a follow-up appointment approximately 8 weeks after your treatment. This enables your practitioner to review the result, and address any issues that are concerning you.
You may not need a follow-up review appointment for subsequent treatments.
It is our protocol that we do not assess masseter slimming muscle relaxant results before 8 weeks, as results will continue to increase up to that time.
Sometimes one side will kick in before the other, and the other side then catches up over those 8 weeks
The reason that the 8-week protocol is there, is that the maximal effect continues to build up to 8 weeks.
We really need to see the result at its maximal effect to assess the results. We want to wait to the drug has reached its peak effect to look at:
- The aesthetic result, ie the jaw slimming effect
- The effect on jaw clenching (if the patient has Bruxism)
What happens over the next few months after treatment?
Your review is at 8 weeks after treatment. This is the maximal effect of the dose that we have given you.
If at this time you are happy with the aesthetic result and or the Bruxism improvement, then you will be retreated at approximately 4 months after your initial appointment. If you require further treatment, then you can have it at your 8 week review appointment. This treatment at your 8 week review is not complimentary.
Retreatment is then advised every 3-4 months to maintain results.
.Please call the clinic on 93315005 if you need any more information.