Laser Genesis FAQs
What is Laser Genesis?
Laser Genesis is a laser device, using the Excel V by Cutera. It is a laser to improve your complexion including improving your sun damage, fine lines and to delay your ageing.
This treatment is for most patients no downtime or surface damage to the skin. It’s used to stimulate healing and dermal collagen production to create and maintain glowing skin with beautiful texture and tone.
It is perfect for those who a very natural result and glowing skin.
The wavelength of the laser used is 1064, which is also known as a Nd:YAG or yag laser.
Laser Genesis is our favourite treatment (along with Vascular Laser) for those with red tone skin, rosacea and capillaries.
What Does Laser Genesis help?
This non-invasive skin laser will help with the following issues
- sun damage
- large pores
- fine lines
- uneven texture
Who is Laser Genesis for?
Laser genesis is for patients who want a scientifically proven and non-injectable method of producing new collagen in a non-invasive and discreet way without disrupting the surface layer, creating a smoothing and younger texture and tone
It is for those who want to see subtle and consistent results after each treatments. It is great for younger patients in their 20s and 30s who want to control the ageing of their skin. It is also great for older patients who want to treat their signs of ageing.
It is a very popular treatment for those with rosacea, redness and flushing.
Is there downtime associated?
The majority of patients will have no downtime with this procedure. There is no bruising, peeling, surface skin damage or irritation. It is great for those who can’t afford the downtime associated with ablative lasers like Fraxel or Erbium laser or CO2.
Is it painful?
It is a gentle laser but on some areas of the face it is a little uncomfortable.
How many treatments are recommended for wrinkles and skin rejuvenation?
The Manse recommends a series of 4-6 treatments for optimal results. Maintenance should be a minimum of every 6 months. Some patients use laser genesis every 8 weeks as a facial.
If you would like improved skin luminosity and even tone, plump and glowing skin with improved pores and fine lines, please call The Manse to arrange a series or Laser Genesis on 93315005
- Those on Roaccutane are unsuitable for treatment. They will need to wait 6 months after finishing their course.
- Avoid waxing for 1-2 weeks before
- If you have a cold sore (Herpes Simplex), you cannot go ahead with the treatment and will need to reschedule your appointment.
- The Manse Clinic does not perform laser on pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- The skin must be non-inflamed with no wounds or cuts or abrasions or rashes in the treatment area.
- Sun exposure or tanning beds should be avoided for several weeks before and after the treatment to reduce the risk of hyper pigmentation.
- Please advise your doctor of your use of tretinoin / Retrieve /Retin-A before going ahead with this treatment to determine if you are suitable.
- During the course of laser treatments, please advise your therapist of changes in your health.
During the Laser Genesis Treatment
- Your feedback is important with laser genesis treatment. Please raise your hand if you would like the practitioner to give feedback.
- Eye shields are worn during the procedure to protect your eyes.
Laser Genesis Aftercare
Please see our post on Laser Genesis Aftercare