Immediately after treatment with BBL you may notice some redness, swelling, tenderness or a sunburn-like sensation in the treated area. These symptoms may be associated with the treatment, and generally disappear within a few days. The pigmented areas may darken and then slowly fall off. The timing of this depends on the body area but will occur with approximate times below:
- Face: 7-9 days
- Neck: 9 days
- Decolletage: 12-14 days
- Upper limbs: 3-4 weeks
- Abdomen and back: 3-4 weeks
- Lower limbs: 6 weeks
The initial swelling, if the under eye area was treated, can be quite obvious for a few days. If symptoms persist or other reactions occur, please contact The Manse.
The redness and swelling will generally reduce within 48-72 hours but can sometimes last longer
Where possible, please use the 3 Cs of post-treatment outlined below, as well as any other instructions given by your therapist.
- Use regular cold compresses in the first day. Sunburn sensation will last a few hours. If there is swelling, continue as required.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Once the heat has subsided, hydrate regularly using moisturiser.
- Stay out of the sun, and use sunscreen.
- Pain relief such as paracetamol may be taken as directed by your physician
- Apply soothing gel, no lotions, until the heat has subsided (generally by 24 hours). Please keep the soothing gel on for the first 24 hours if possible
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Do not use active products, including AHA, Retinols/Vitamin C
- Avoid facials, facial waxing, Glycolic or AHA products and peels, IPL or energy based treatments and microdermabrasion for 2 weeks after treatment (unless advised by your therapist). Please check with your physician before undergoing other facials within this time.
- Do not pick the areas
- Makeup can be applied 24 hours after procedure
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- It’s not unusual to experience some mild side effects following BBL
- Bruising, swelling and pigment darkening are common
- If you experience any blistering, please call the clinic
- If you feel unwell or are concerned about any aspect of your treatment, please contact the clinic.
- After your initial treatment you will be invited to attend a follow-up appointment at approximately 4-6 weeks after your treatment. This enables your practitioner to review your results. Several treatments will be necessaary
- To maintain your results you will be recommended regular treatments, especially for face, neck chest and hands every 6-12 months
- Please attend your review at 4 weeks, or the date advised
We will see you at your review appointment
Please contact us if you have any further questions about your treatment on 93315005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Manse team xx
ps If you would like further information about our other energy based devices see below