Please click this link about PRP treatment (Platelet Rich Plasma) for comprehensive information on the topic. At The Manse, we use the premium brand, Regen PRP.
Aftercare Instructions Post PRP
Immediately after treatment with a PRP, there may be a slight redness, swelling, tenderness or an itching sensation in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection and generally disappears in a couple of days.
The swelling after an eye treatment may last longer. If symptoms persist or other reactions occur, please contact your doctor at The Manse.
Please follow the instructions below:
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Sleep elevated on 2 pillows to improve swelling
- Avoid touching your face for at least 4 hours
- Do not expose the area to intense heat or sunlight (eg solarium or sauna)
- Pain relief such as paracetamol may be taken as directed by your physician
- Consider in clinic or at home LED. (Available from The Manse)
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Do not use active skin care eg AHA, Retinols/Vitamin C
- Avoid facials, facial waxing, Glycolic or AHA peels, IPL or energy based treatments and microdermabrasion for 2 weeks after treatment (unless advised by your injectable doctor). Please check with your physician before undergoing other facials within this time.
- Do not massage the treated area unless instructed by your physician.
- No makeup until the day after the procedure is ideal
- Do not smoke
- Most patients are advised to have a minimum of 3 treatments of PRP 1-2months apart, and then 6 monthly to yearly PRP treatments
Possible Side Effects
- It’s not unusual to experience some mild side effects
- Swelling is common for the first 48 hours after PRP
- Tenderness and bruising may appear at the injection or cannula entry sites
- If you do experience bruising, minimise excessive exercise in the first couple of days following treatment.
- If you feel unwell or are concerned about any aspect of your treatment, please contact the clinic.
- After your initial treatment you will be invited to attend a follow-up appointment at approximately 4 weeks after your treatment.
- To achieve and then maintain your results you will be recommended regular treatments
- Please attend your review at 4 weeks, or the date advised
The Manse also offers complimentary skin assessment at our PRP review appointments, please call us on 93315005 or email email@example.com and we will book you in for PRP and a skin review.
ps If you would like further information about our other injectables please see below:
If you are more interested in energy based /laser device treatment, then please see some options below