What is Plasma Lift
Plasma lift uses a device, sometimes called a plasma pen to rejuvenate the face, neck or body.
The plasma device emits an electrical arc between the device tip and the skin. The device does not touch the skin. The plasma arc ablates the skin, which gives an immediate tightening effect. These pinpoint areas form scabs that will drop off over the next 7 days, leaving the area tighter and smoother with reduction in wrinkling. Full effects can take up to 6 months to appear.
Skin tags and old age warts can also be treated and will drop off over 7 days.
Is the Plasma Lift Painless
At The Manse Clinic, our doctors use injections of local anaesthetic to completely numb the area before we perform a plasma lift, so the plasma part of the procedure is completely painless.
What areas can be treated?
The plasma pen is very versatile and can be used in the following areas
- The upper eyelid, where it is able to be lifted by about 2mm
- Above the brows
- The lower eyelid, where the skin will be tighter and wrinkles will be improved
- Lip wrinkles
- Neck sag
- Neck wrinkles
- Abdomen skin tightening
- Upper and lower limbs
What are the risks?
With plasma pen, the risks include the following
- Risks associated with local anaesthetic
- Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Hypopigmentation and scarring
Those who should avoid plasma tightening
Who should avoid plasma tightening?
- Those who have a dark complexion, as they are at higher risk for hyperpigmentation
- Those with active skin disease including inflammation, dermatitis or rosacea flares, or any other skin disease where the barrier is impaired.
- Those who have a history of hyperpigmentation
- Those who have a history of keloid or hypertrophic scars
- Those with a pacemaker
- Those with an active cold sore (ie herpes simplex). These patients should reschedule their appointment. Antivirals may be prescribed for you by your doctor to take before and during the treatment
- Those who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Those on Roaccutane
Preparing for Plasma Lift
- Advise your doctor about your use of Retin-A / tretinoin and other active skin ingredients
- Eyelash extensions should be removed prior to treatment
- Come to your appointment without makeup, especially eye makeup, for your procedure.
- Avoid tanning prior to procedure. If you get tanned / sunburnt please postpone your procedure
- Do not wear contacts to your plasma procedure
- You should not have inflamed skin or be systemically unwell (eg cold or flu) when having this procedure. Please postpone your procedure.
Plasma Lift Aftercare
Please see our page on Plasma Lift Aftercare
Cost of Plasma Lift
Cost of plasma lift please see our pricing page.