Genital and anal “bleaching” or genital lightening is a program that we offer at The Manse in Sydney. We use topical agents and energy based devices for this programs
Illume Intimate is a specially formulated and compounded cream that is for use on delicate areas including the axilla, anal region and vulva. The ingredients suppress the melanocytes so they produce less pigment whilst fading the pre-existing pigmentation at the same time.
The cream contains a combination of multiple active ingredients which help lighten the skin.
The cream needs to be applied consistently for 6-8 weeks and can be used safely up to 6 months.
How to apply Illume:
Wash your hands before using Illume
- Apply a small amount of cream to clean, dry skin twice a day. Do not rub the skin as this can lead to irritation which is a stimulus for more pigmentation
- Multiple areas can be treated at the same time.
- Only apply to the areas you want to lighten, so take care not to affect areas that you do not want to fade.
- A test patch is always recommended before starting a new product. Use a pea sized amount on a small area and observe for 24 hours. If no redness or itching occurs you can start using your Illume.
- Do not use Illume during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Do not use Illume after the expiration date.
- Do not use it if you have a known allergy to any of the above ingredients.
- Stop use if you develop irritation or a skin rash .
- Do not use together with any peroxide containing products i.e. benzoyl peroxide (Benzac) or hydrogen peroxide. This could lead to a dark stain on the skin. If this happens, immediately wash the affected area with soap and water.
Duration of use:
- Follow the advice given during your consultation, however an average period of 3-6 months is recommended.
- Prolonged use (>6months) of high dose Hydroquinone ( > 4% ) can lead to a rare side effect known as ochronosis.
Common side effects:
- Mild transients effects include: minor itching/ redness or stinging. These usually subside as your skin gets used to the cream. If they persist, contact our clinic for advice.
- Stop using the cream immediately if you experience: severe burning, swelling, itch or unexpected skin discoloration and contact our clinic.
- The ingredients in Illume are temperature and light sensitive. The active ingredients will become ineffective if the ambient temperature is more than 23 degrees or if they are exposed to light. Hydroquinone turns brown with light exposure, once this happens your cream is no longer effective.
- Keep your cream in a dark cool space and refrigerate in summer if necessary.
Energy Based Devices for brightening
Your therapist will guide you on the appropriate device used for your skin type and pigmentation level after your consultation.
What is the Cost of Genital Bleaching?
Our genital bleaching/lightening program starts at $2500. For current and all genital treatment pricing see our price section of the website.
THE MANSE 13000MANSE aka 1300062673