Broadband Light (BBL) is a type of Intense Pulsed Light device.
BBL enables the patient and doctor to achieve visible and superior skin results, with fewer treatments, compared with other IPL systems.
The contact cooling which can be set at the desired temperature on this device makes it very safe (and this also helps to reduce discomfort)
- 420 – Acne
- 515 – Pigmented Lesions, such as freckles, age spots.
- 560 – Vascular Lesions, such as cherry angiomas, telangiectasias, and rosacea.
- 590 – Deeper Lesions / Darker Skin Types
- 590, 640 + 695 – Hair Removal
WHAT CAN BBL BE USED FOR?
At The Manse Clinic, freckle / age spot removal is our specialty. We have been working for over a decade aiming to perfect our technique for freckle / age spot removal.
Capillary removal, rosacea and haemangiomas may be treated
We aim to treat acne with home care treatments and prescriptions, but in resistant cases, this may be impossible. We would then consider our in-clinic treatment program for acne, which includes BBL
BBL hair removal, due to the sapphire chill tip which can be set at any temp between 1-30 degrees, is a very comfortable hair removal device, with minimal pain and discomfort
Other than the precise maintenance of temperatures, why is the BBL so good compared to its competitors?
BBLs delivers a pulse to tissue with precise on and off timing with controlled irradiance.
- BBLs’ pulse envelop is adjusted ten times within each pulse to achieve consistent and efficient results.
- Many systems deliver only single or double pulses with extended low power tails below therapeutic levels resulting in a higher than neccssary fluence requirement.
- BBLs’ square wave pulsing does not create a low energy tail and waste of energy.
Here are some BBL Before and Afters