The cosmetic MEDICAL industry is booming.
I capitalised MEDICAL, because that is what it is. Also because the word represents doctors, which implies:
* a degree to which only the top academic achievers are accepted
* years of study, more than the majority other occupations
* guaranteed insurance (otherwise they are not allowed to practice)
* guaranteed continuing medical education
* serious regulation by government
What I see happening to my industry is something that saddens me so much. I see an ever expanding list of randoms who want in on medicine, but without the expertise, training or regulations that comes with the territory.
I ask all patients, is there a even a doctor at your laser, skin or cosmetic clinic? Or is the doctor a random doctor in potentially another state, with no cosmetic training who was Skyped for a prescription?
Are you having medical treatments there? How would you feel going to any other medical specialty and having no doctors available to see you if required?
I can’t see the current state of the industry as anything but MADNESS.
At The Manse clinic, we believe in giving patients the best possible care, with the most highly trained professionals. Of our 3 doctors, 2 (Dr Naomi and Dr Adina) are fellows of the following Colleges: