The Manse Patient Information Sheet
To our patients prescribed Retrieve by our doctors at The Manse clinic, congratulations on taking a step towards improved skin.
Retrieve is a prescription-only cream containing a type of Vitamin A called Tretinoin.
Retrieve works in three ways to regenerate photodamaged skin.
Doctors prescribe Retrieve to treat dry, sun damaged skin and related conditions referred to as photodamage. Retrieve works by:
- Smoothing and regenerating skin
- Lightening mottled hyperpigmentation
- Reducing wrinkles associated with sun damage
Tretinion was introduced over 30 years ago and its use includes the treatment of photoaging and hyperpigmentation. Tretinion also helps slough away dead skin cells. Allowing new cells to rise to the surface more efficiently, thus stimulation collagen production and help reverse the signs of sun damage. Although tretinion will not reverse the effects of normal chronological aging, it can help reverse the effects of photoageing.
How to use Retrieve
Before you start using Retrieve, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy, breast feeding, if you have eczema or sensitive skin or are using other medicines or skin treatments
- Only use Retrieve at night
- Only use Retrieve on intact skin, only a 1-2 cm (pea size) is required for each application.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, mouth, lips, angles of the nose. Open wounds or on skin affected by eczema. Do not use on sunburnt skin.
- Before applying Retrieve, wash face with mild cleanser
- Only apply Retrieve after applying the skin
- A non-occlusive moisturiser can be used after application of Retrieve, as needed, to sooth areas of dry, flaky skin.
How to use Retrieve
Usual Dosage Regimen
|Night 1||Apply, leave on for||5 mins|
|Night 2||Apply, leave on for||10 mins|
|Night 3||Apply, leave on for||30 mins|
|Night 4||Apply, leave on for||1 hour|
|Night 5||Apply, leave on for||1 ½ hours|
|Night 6||Apply, leave on for||2 hours|
Wash off with gentle cleanser after applying for recommended time
Following Night 6, if your skin is not irritated or red, you can leave Retrieve Cream on overnight and wash it off the next morning.
- Retrieve is generally well tolerated but consult your doctor if you experience side effects. Some redness and irritation may be experienced initially. Some types of skin will be too sensitive for Retrieve
- Apply an SPF30 or SPF50+ sunscreen to the treated area during the day. Avoid exposure of the treated area to excessive sunlight, sunlamps, strong wind, dry air, skin peels, harsh soaps and exfoliants.
- Before using retrieve, read the Consumers Medicine Information that comes with the pack.
If severe irritation occurs, especially in the early stages of treatment, discuss with your doctor.
This leaflet does not contain all the available information and it does not take the place of talking to your doctor or pharmacist.
Always read the label and use only as directed by your heathcare professional.
For further improvement after your skin is going well with Retrieve, please see our doctors, nurses and therapists for a skincare plan.
Please go to our website to see our Top 3 Yearly maintenance skin procedures