What is the best skin rejuvenation treatment?
Obviously the answer would be different for different patients, depending on what the problem is with their skin.
In every patient, though, I recommend a minimum of 2 skin treatments per year for maintenance, ie one each of the following,
- IPL, which will work on improving the sun damage, pigmentation and freckles. and
- Fractional Laser : This laser works by ablating or heating up columns of skin, stimulating collagen and improving texture
Above is a case of an outdoor-loving Australian, who came to me and wanted the most efficient method to remove her sun damage.
We performed 2 treatments of IPL 1 month apart, with excellent results. The treatment takes about 20 minutes, is uncomfortable. On the day of treatment the face is red and hot and feels sunburned for about 2 hours, then the sun damage and pigmentation goes dark, then the brown areas lift off over the next week or so leaving clearer skin underneath
Plan For future
- We are now working on the redness and capillaries with a vascular laser.
- I will also recommend a series of fractional lasers after we have finished treating her colour (red and brown).
- We will also perform regular laser facials with a Q-switched laser
- We will inject some skinboosters to internally hydrate the skin and to make it appear more young and plump
- Laser facials
- Fractional laser and IPL a minimum of once yearly to continue the best skin rejuvenation treatment plan